How To Apply (Dance Degree Programs)
- Apply to Wayne State University online - Wayne State University Online Application
- Submit your completed application, official transcripts, and application fee as directed.
- Audition/Interview for the Department of Theatre and Dance - Audition and Interview information
- To major in programs offered by the Department of Theatre and Dance, you must be accepted as a regular student by the university and also be accepted into the Department of Theatre and Dance through a successful audition.
- Register for one of our upcoming auditions - Audition/Interview Registration Form
- During your audition/interview, you will be assessed for technique level placement. Upon acceptance, your faculty advisor will use the technique placement results when advising you about the appropriate courses for the school year.
- Apply to Wayne State University online - Wayne State University Graduate Online Application
- Interview for the Department of Theatre and Dance - An interview (in-person or skype) will be required for selected applicants.
International students only:
Most international students are required to pass the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). For more information about requirements for international students, go to The Office of International Students and Scholars or direct your questions to:
Office of International Students and Scholars
416 Welcome Center
42 W. Warren
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI 48202
Phone: 313-577-3422 Fax: 313-577-2962
Deadline for applications is generally mid-January and admission decisions are usually made by mid-March.
Applications are accepted, however, until all openings are filled.
High School Dual Enrollment
The Concurrent Admission/High School Dual Enrollment Program allows you to supplement your education by pursuing college coursework while you're still in high school. Visit the Dual enrollment page for more information.