Undergraduate Talent Scholarships - Theatre
Theatre and Dance at Wayne State University awards a number of four-year scholarships to promising young theatre and dance students. Awards are achieved by audition and/or interview, and are available in both the performance (acting) and the production (scenic, lighting, costume, and stage management) areas.
Talent scholarships are designed as four-year awards for theatre majors. In order to ensure the continuation of the stipend, a student must stay in residence for four consecutive years at Wayne State University, maintain a 2.5 grade point average and be a visible part of the theatre program. Failure to meet any of these requirements may result in termination of the scholarship.
Prospective Theatre students are REQUIRED to participate in Theatre admission and talent scholarship auditions. It is strongly recommended to audition prior to the final audition date (April 13, 2019), if possible.
Audition Dates to begin study Fall 2019
Saturday, November 10, 2018
Saturday, January 19, 2019
Saturday, April 13, 2019
- Have maintained a 3.0 GPA in high school.
- Complete the online registration form for an audition/interview (at least one week prior to the audition/interview)
- Submit a completed application to Wayne State University (at least one week prior to the audition/interview)
- Present a prepared audition and/or be interviewed on one of the audition dates listed above
Discover Detroit Scholarships
Discover Detroit Scholarships are awarded to out-of-state students. This scholarship will cover the difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition and standard fees. All out-of-state applicants who meet the below requirements will be considered. Incoming students are eligible to be considered for other merit scholarships awarded to Michigan residents.
Learn more by visiting https://wayne.edu/scholarships/discover
Graduate Research Assistantships
Each admitted company member in the above areas is awarded a Graduate Research Assistantship to Wayne State University. Furthermore, all tuition and all direct fees are paid for by the department and/or university. The student's only monetary obligation is the application fee that is required when the student applies to the university. Course fees and book costs will apply in most situations.
Sample Financial Package (based on the 2015-16 academic year):
- Tuition and Fee Waivers (10 credit hours/semester) $27,649
- Medical and Dental Insurance $5,052
- Assistantship Stipend $17,994
- Maximum Month in Moscow Scholarship Award $3,000
- Total: $53,695*
*TBD based on University protocol