Theatre and Dance at Wayne State University awards a number of four-year scholarships to promising young theatre and dance students. Awards are achieved by audition and/or interview, and are available in both the performance (acting) and the production (scenic, lighting, costume, and stage management) areas.
Talent scholarships are designed as four-year awards for theatre majors. In order to ensure the continuation of the stipend, a student must stay in residence for four consecutive years at Wayne State University, maintain a 2.5 grade point average and be a visible part of the theatre program. Failure to meet any of these requirements may result in termination of the scholarship.
Theatre admission and talent scholarship auditions for the 2018-2019 academic year will be held on: Saturday February 17, 2018, and Saturday, April 21, 2018.
To be eligible for an award, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have maintained a 3.0 GPA in high school.
- Complete the online registration form for an audition/interview (at least one week prior to the audition/interview)
- Submit a completed application to Wayne State University (at least one week prior to the audition/interview)
- Present a prepared audition and/or be interviewed on: February 17, 2018, or April 21, 2018
It is your responsibility to fill out the registration form and follow the submission guidelines. Even if you have already been accepted by another university, you are welcome and encouraged to audition for and apply to Wayne State University.
Each admitted company member in the above areas is awarded a Graduate Research Assistantship to Wayne State University. Furthermore, all tuition and all direct fees are paid for by the department and/or university. The student's only monetary obligation is the application fee that is required when the student applies to the university. Course fees and book costs will apply in most situations.
Sample Financial Package (based on the 2015-16 academic year):
- Tuition and Fee Waivers (10 credit hours/semester) $27,649
- Medical and Dental Insurance $5,052
- Assistantship Stipend $17,994
- Maximum Month in Moscow Scholarship Award $3,000
- Total: $53,695*
*TBD based on University protocol