Undergraduate students have TWO advisors. All students see one Academic Advisor in the department. Students also have a Career Advisor depending on their major.
1. Academic Advisor for the Department:
Schedule an appointment with James Fortune online here.
You may also contact Kelly Driscoll, Academic Services Officer, to set up a department and University tour.
2. Career Advisor in your Major:
Your career advisor is a faculty member who provides career information and guidance as you move through your degree program and into the professional world.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) : Mary Cooney (Email)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) Acting: Cheryl Turski (Email)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) Costume Design : Mary Copenhagen (Email)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) Lighting Design: Thomas Schraeder (Email)
- BA and BFA Stage Design: Fred Florkowski (Email)
- BA and BFA Stage Management: Dana Gamarra (Email)
Newly Admitted Freshmen
As you enter the university in your freshman year, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you schedule an advising appointment with the Academic Advisor early in your first semester. This appointment would most likely include a discussion of your goals and creation of a personalized plan of work. Regular advising will help you stay on track and save time and tuition dollars.
It is very important that you consult with the Academic Advisor PRIOR to your first semester at Wayne State University in order to select courses for the first semester and to create a personalized plan of work. You may do this by signing up for a Transfer Thursday when dates are available. These can be found on the Admissions website:http://admissions.wayne.edu. OR email the Academic Advisor for an appointment time.
This is for information only. Your Academic Advisor will work with you on integrating these important skill-building courses into your personalized plan of work.
Graduate students will be assigned an advisor when they enter the program. Advising occurs on a regular basis with each student's area head.