- Apply online - http://wayne.edu/apply
- For admission consideration, submit the completed application, official transcripts, and application fee as directed.
- To major in programs offered by the Department of Theatre and Dance, you must also be accepted into the Department of Theatre and Dance through the audition and registration process.
- During your audition, you will be assessed for technique level placement. Upon acceptance, your dance faculty adviser will use the technique placement results when advising you about the appropriate courses for the school year. The Department of Theatre and Dance provides all of the information you need concerning audition dates and requirements and the names of faculty members in your area of interest.
- To set up an appointment please call 313-577-3508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you are admitted to Wayne State University, you will receive an invitation to participate in an orientation program for incoming freshmen. Presentations at orientation will provide information about all aspects of student life at Wayne State. You will also meet with your academic advisor and register for your first semester classes. By the end of the orientation day, you should have everything taken care of to begin your college career. Orientation is required for incoming freshmen.
Once you are admitted, you will receive an invitation to participate in an orientation program for transfer students. We urge you to attend. During your orientation session, the orientation team will provide you with a great deal of useful information about how things work at WSU and you will meet with your academic advisor, James Fortune, to register for classes.
Feel free to seek advising from James Fortune as soon as possible to discuss your educational goals and get the best advice about your actual course plan. We urge you to seek advising in your major department even before you receive the results of your transfer to Wayne State so that you can determine the courses that you will need and may even avoid any overlap with courses taken before coming to Wayne State.
Theatre Audition/Interview Registration Form
International students only:
Most international students are required to pass the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). For more information about requirements for international students, go to The Office of International Students and Scholars or direct your questions to:
Office of International Students and Scholars
416 Welcome Center
42 W. Warren
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI 48202
Phone: 313-577-3422 Fax: 313-577-2962
Deadline for applications is generally mid-January and admission decisions are usually made by mid-March.
Applications are accepted, however, until all openings are filled.