Undergraduate Talent Scholarships - Dance
Incoming and Transfer Student Talent Scholarships
Theatre and Dance at Wayne State University awards a number of scholarships to promising young theatre and dance students. Talent Awards are achieved by audition. The Maggie Allesee Department of Theatre and Dance offers talent scholarships that cover $22,000 of a student's tuition, over four years. This scholarship is available for students enrolled eight consecutive fall and winter semesters at Wayne State University.
Prospective Dance students are REQUIRED to participate in Dance admission auditions. Students interested in Talent Scholarships are strongly recommended to audition prior to the final audition date.
Audition Dates to begin study Fall 2020
Friday, October 18, 2019
Friday, November 15, 2019
Friday, January 24, 2020
Friday, April 10, 2020
Additional eligibility requirements:
- You will be graduating from high school in the spring or summer of the current school year with a minimum 2.75 high school grade point average.
- You are admitted to Wayne State University.
- You complete one of the dance program auditions.
- You submit a web link to a video clip of you performing a solo in a style of your choice (3 minutes maximum length, YouTube preferred)
- Recipients must also meet the guidelines found here
Current Student Scholarship Opportunities
The Maggie Allesee Department of Theatre and Dance has many scholarships available for majors. Students can learn more about specific scholarships (departmental and university) and apply through AcademicWorks. Students can also explore other funding opportunities through the Office of Financial Aid.
To Browse Scholarships:
- Login to Academicworks with your Wayne State Access ID and Password
- Go to "opportunities"
- Select "all"
- Choose "Show Filters"
- Type in your major as the keyword
- Read the requirements for the scholarship
To Appy For Scholarships:
- Login to AcademicWorks with your Wayne State Access ID and Password
- Complete the General Application and Submit
- Complete the College of Fine, Performing & Communication Arts Application and Submit
- You will be directed to the "Recommended Opportunities" where you will see "ApplyTo" opportunities and the system will determine what you qualify for
- Select the scholarship you want to apply to and submit the application
The AcademicWorks application opens in October of each year with a March 1st deadline date. These scholarships are awarded for the following academic year.
Please note: Institutional funds such as the Warrior, Gold or Wayne State Promise awards have been funded in part by this scholarship offer. These awards may replace or reduce these funds or other institutional dollars. In addition, the sum of all aid cannot exceed the financial aid cost of attendance.