The Maggie Allesee Department of Theatre and Dance offers talent scholarships that cover $22,000 of a student's tuition, over four years. This scholarship is available for students enrolled eight consecutive fall and winter semesters at Wayne State University.
Additional eligibility requirements:
- You will be graduating from high school in the spring or summer of the current school year with a minimum 2.75 high school grade point average.
- You are admitted to Wayne State University.
- You complete one of the dance program auditions.
- You submit a link (YouTube or Vimeo) to a video clip of you performing a solo (3 minutes maximum length) in a style of your choice to email@example.com.
- You submit a completed Department of Theatre and Dance Audition Registration Form
Talent Scholarship Award recipients must meet the following guidelines:
- Be a full time student at WSU for eight consecutive semesters carrying 12-16 credits hours during each Fall and Winter term;
- Be a Bachelor of Fine Arts Dance Major in the College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts for eight semesters, following the Dance Major curriculum;
- Maintain a 2.5 grade point average overall and a 3.0 grade point average in dance courses;
- Perform every semester for eight consecutive semesters, being a member of one of the WSU Dance Companies for at least two semesters.*
- Perform other related activities and events in the Theatre and Dance Department as requested by the company director(s) or Chair of the department.**
- Conduct oneself professionally and respectfully at all times, both on-campus and off-campus, when representingWSU and the Department of Theatre & Dance. ***
- Fully abide by the WSU Student Code of Conduct at all times, both on-campus and off-campus, when representingWSU and the Department of Theatre & Dance. ***
- Dance majors who have completed 45 credits hours but have not completed Basic Composition (BC) will be placed on department probation and will be ineligible to be cast and perform in dance companies, touring, or repertory (faculty and guest artists) in the courses DNC 5000, DNC 5610, DNC 5800.
- Scholarships are renewed contingent upon successful annual review.
* Exceptions are granted by the Chair for Student Teaching, Study Abroad and other special circumstances.
** These may include fundraising activities, donor and sponsor events, or other scholarship related activities.
*** Unprofessional conduct or violation of the WSU Student Code of Conduct is grounds for immediate termination of the scholarship.
Please note: Students who experience difficulty with the above criteria will be placed on probation and may lose their Talent Scholarship.